Monday, October 19, 2009

Easy Peasy Chicken Cordon Bleu

This is one of my most favorite chicken recipes....my mother-in-law has made this for years and I would always request it for my birthday dinner. Her original recipe was called Swiss Cheese Chicken and didn't call for the ham slices - but it's good both ways!


Ingredients:

8 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless & thawed)

8 slices Swiss Cheese (I've used mozzarella and think it tastes great, too)

8 slices ham

1 can cream of chicken soup

1/4 cup water (or milk)

2 cups dry stuffing mix (I use chicken flavored - but any would work)

1/2 cup melted butter

Directions:

Arrange chicken in shallow baking dish with a slice of cheese and ham over each breast. Stir soup and water together and spoon over chicken. Put dry stuffing mix over chicken and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, or until chicken is done.


Note: I usually only cook 4 chicken breasts but I still use the whole can of soup with 1 cup stuffing and 1/4 cup butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment