Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fast & Easy Rolls

These are ready in just over an hour and are so good. I made a different recipe a few week ago that took twice as long and both Brian and I thought these ones were better.

Fast & Easy Rolls

Ingredients:

5 cups all-purpose flour
2 (.25 ounce) packages dry yeast (4 1/2 tsp)
1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Mix together yeast and 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
2. In a separate bowl heat milk, water, oil, sugar and salt to lukewarm in microwave. I usually put mine in my pyrex two cup glass measurer and heat for 75 seconds. Add all at once to flour and yeast and mix well for about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough, 2 to 3 more cups. Mix well. Dust a flat surface with flour, turn dough out and cover with bowl, let sit 10 minutes.
4. Shape dough into 12 - 16 balls, and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size (about 30 minutes on top of a warm oven).
5. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.

These make great homemade hamburger buns, too (see pic below!)
When I make buns I usually make 12 balls, slightly flattened.

* Recipe from allrecipes.com

3 comments:

  1. Yum! These sound delicious (and easy enough that I might try it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO yummy! Thanks for the recipe! Can I join this blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you've made it, I'm trying it. You are my failsafe go to chef. Someone at the ward pot luck said they just look for whatever you bring in and make sure to get that first. Such dang good advice!

    ReplyDelete